Requests for Funding

Buffalo State graduate faculty may apply for funding to present academic papers and to perform academic research. Faculty members should make their request through their department chair and their academic dean. 

Graduate faculty should check with their deans office to ensure they include all necessary documentation with their request.  This information could be:

  • A short projected budget and any documentation supporting the budget.
  • A travel authorization form. See the Travel Services website for more information.
  • A description of the ways in which the project connects to the faculty member’s contributions to graduate programs.
  • Dates of current graduate faculty appointment.
  • List of graduate classes taught in the past two years.
  • List of theses and/or projects for which faculty member has served as adviser or reader in past two years.
  • List of students for whom faculty member has written and read comprehensive exam questions in past two years.

Button for Back to Top


Monday – Friday, 8:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

The Graduate School

Buffalo State •  1300 Elmwood Ave  •  Cleveland Hall 204
Buffalo, NY 14222  •  Phone: (716) 878-5601 •  Fax: (716) 878-5630
Connect with Us