E.H. Butler Library is in tune with the unique needs of graduate students. Whether it is scheduling individual research appointments, providing quiet study areas, loaning books and laptops computers, maintaining a web site rich in full-text library resources, or offering snacks in the library’s café, Butler has the best of both worlds: real and virtual.
- Computer labs house both PC and Macintosh computers, along with printers, photocopiers and a scanner station.
- Wireless access is available throughout the building.
- StudyQuad, Butler Library’s state-of-the-are study facility, is open 24/7 during the semester and offers quiet lab spaces, comfortable lounge areas, computers and an assistive technology center.
- Your Bengal ID Card can be obtained through the Circulation Desk in the lower lobby of Butler Library. This card is used to check out materials at Butler Librart, for photocopies and computer printouts, for late-night admittance to the StudyQuad, as a debit card at campus food service locations, for campus vending machines and to check out materials at other SUNY libraries.
The library’s Information Commons supports the information needs of the college community with a variety of resources and services.
- Librarians offer research assistance at the Reference Desk, via phone, e-mail, chat, and through scheduled appointments.
- The Writing Help Center provides writing and composition help.
- Students may borrow laptops, camcorders, digital cameras and other items from Equipment Loan.
- The Computing Help Desk answers questions about user accounts, e-mail and related issues.
- Interlibrary Loan allows students to borrow materials at other institutions when Butler Library doesn’t own them.